Institute of Socio-Cultural Management (ISCM) is a non-political, non-profit, non-religious, non-governmental regional organization which was established in 2000, and in 2001 was incorporated.
ISCM Mission is to promote a democratic transformation of Ukrainian society by supporting community development, independent information space and integration processes at the local level.
The main activities of ISCM are educational, information, research.
The main thematic priorities of ISCM are the community development, transformation of cultural institutions into the centers of local activity, the development of democratic processes and the promotion of Euro-Atlantic integration of Ukraine.
The main forms of ISCM work are conducting educational events (seminars, workshops, conferences), development of teaching aids, holding researches, advocacy campaigns, informing the target audience (thematic Internet pages, newsletters, press conferences) and administration of grant programs.
- community development is the main aim;
- community development is a people developments;
- indicator for measuring of people development is a social capital level;
- the social capital level is a level of a trust among people;
- our way is a support of local initiatives through Centers of local activities;
- the social animation is a technology;
- for the social animation to come into people’s lives, we train social activists.
Support of donors
The activity of ISCM is being supported now or had been supported by: Eurasia Foundation (USAID), Human rights Foundation (Embassy of Switzerland in Ukraine), ISAR „Ednannia” (USAID), The International Renaissance Foundation, Committee of Voters of Ukraine (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark), Ministry of the international question of Ukraine, Ministry of the culture of Ukraine, Stephan`s Batoriy Foundation (Ford Foundation), East Europe Foundation, UNITER (USAID), USAID, Pact. Inc., NATO, Ch. S. Mott Foundation, Ministry of ecology and natural sources of Ukraine, charitable donations of citizens and business.